Thursday, June 7, 2012

We didn't need another dog. When I saw Penny at the feedstore, though, I instantly fell in love. She was a beagle/blue-heeler mix with heeler markings and beagle ears and tail.

She's very healthy and sweet, very socialized and lovable. I've seen puppies given away for free which needed more TLC than this sweet gal. I'm glad to know the gentleman who raised her got a little bit of reimbursement for her excellent care, although not nearly as much as it cost to raise her to eight weeks.

I'm hoping to train her for herding, but she's only nine weeks old now. Her favorite activity is biting and chewing. I'll have to see what she's like when she's older, but even if she's just a pet, she'll still be loved and spoiled like any working dog.

Blessed Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment